Friday, January 22, 2010

Big Eddy and Me


Hey, there. I'm Ted and I've finally started a blog. I'm a married father of two who writes and records songs for fun and plays bass. That's me in the picture with the big upright, with the Big Eddy Springs Blues Band. I've been playing with them for 10 years now. Well, I should say I started playing with Chuck the guitarist and George (Eddy) the singer/harp player 10 years ago. At the time I brought along my friend Ron to play drums. He had to give it up about a year ago, and that's when Frank started playing drums with us. I've know Rich the keyboardist since we were juniors at Lyons Township High School in LaGrange in the summer of 1981, when I started playing in a band with him called Suspended Animation. Rich joined Big Eddy Springs in what, 2003 or 2004, I'm not sure. But he's great to have aboard and we have a lot of fun playing Chicago blues music by the likes of Howlin' Wolf, Muddy Waters and all those great artists. We played a gig last weekend at a VFW hall in Joliet, IL, where I live. We packed the place. There had to be more than 100 people there. It was great. The upright was giving me problems so I had to play the electric, my Ibanez. The upright has two pickups, and it seemed like the main one wasn't working, so I couldn't get enough volume and had to set it down. I sure love playing that thing though. Only I don't practice on it. I only feel like playing it with the band. Well the dog's gotta go out so I'll write more later. Bye.

2 comments: